From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] How do I recover from deleted gcc on U60
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 05:00:08
Longman, Bill wrote:
>> I stupidly menaged to unmerge gcc on my Ultra60. It is the >> only one of my >> Sparcs currently running Gentoo. >> >> How to recover without a total re-install? > > Hmmm....I suspect you might be able to find the package on the install CD. > And you probably have a working gcc on the install CD. You might try > --usepkg. > > I'm just guessing. Other minds will surely have better ideas.
While the minimal and universal CDs *may( have a gutted gcc with minimal functionality, there is no /var/db/pkg, so you can't really use portage with it. You have 2 options for recovering from this: 1) find someone who has a recent gcc built with the same USE that you had and similar CFLAGS, or 2) reinstall. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list