From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: OUATTARA Karim <kouatt@×××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Re: Binaires solaris 10 sur Gentoo/SPARC
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:23:41

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, OUATTARA Karim wrote:

> Bonjour tous, > > serait-il possible d'exécuter des binaires solaris 10 > sur Gentoo/SPARC. > exemple: exécuter Oracle Intantclient pour solaris > SPARC sur Gentoo/SPARC > > > Merci d'avance > >
Apologies for responding in English. In theory, there is a way to do it, but in practice, probably not. Here is one way to set it up to try, but success is unlikely, and if you do this you are in unknown territory. (Although I seem to recall that someone has tried this within the last year or so; I do not recall the outcome.) When you build a kernel, in the .config file, specify CONFIG_SOLARIS_EMUL=m Unfortunately, that is the easy part. Next, you have to get the emulation package and install it; e.g., here is a copy of it: http://dev.gentoo.org/~fmccor/files/solemul-1.1.tar.gz When you unpack it, you will see that it is just a directory tree and some instructions to populate it from a Solaris distribution (mostly you have to copy the Solaris libraries into your Linux system). There are a few other things to take care of, I believe, but it's been a while since I've looked at it. In principle, now you can run Solaris binaries, and I was able to run one or two once. But the documentation in the package indicates several features do not work, such as threads. So the real answer to your question is probably not. Sorry for the bad news. ====== Notice that I have changed the mailing address from "sparc@g.o" to "gentoo-sparc@g.o", which is a better group for this sort of question. "sparc@g.o" is mostly internal and reaches perhaps 20 or 30 people. gentoo-sparc@g.o reaches several hundred, and one of them might know something definite.