From: Ric Messier <kilroy@×××××××.COM>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:24:49
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Nic le Roux wrote:

> Thanks Ralph. > > It, will however be a requirement to put the modem on the E450. > Because of the way Nagios generates the sms's and as a means of removing > another point of failure I have to put it on the E450. > Guaranteeing the delivery of the sms is of utmost importance. > Is there complications in getting it set up on the Sparc machine itself ? >
I shouldn't think so. I've used serial applications on SPARC Linux in the past without issue. Can't imagine the modem would be much harder.
> Are there changes in the Apache config made as a requirement of it being on > the E450 ?
No. Apache is Apache is Apache. The hardware platform is irrelevant.
> Something in the list that I left out was postfix, using a smarthost on the > network to deliver mail. >
I've used Postfix on SPARC Linux. In fact, it's installed on my machine, though I don't use it much with my current setup.
I run ~sparc without problems on three different machines. Ric -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list