From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] QLA2xxx
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:21:08
1 I started trying to work on the system; however, we ran into a few
2 problems with it. I haven't been able to get the 2007.0 CD working
3 because of the aforementioned issue - it also doesn't list an obppath,
5 following the instructions previously provided is impossible. :-<
6
7 I have located the device:
8
9 /sys/devices/pci0000\:00/0000\:00\:04.0
10
11 uDev is on the 2007.0 CD, and loads the module, but has problems.
12 Here's the dmesg output from the 2007.0 CD using the 2.6.20 kernel:
13
14 http://tinyurl.com/2l2zw4
15
16 I also managed to find the CD I used on another system - a 2006.1 CD.
17 It boots and detects the QLA controller just fine - but uses the older
18 method where the firmware is built into the kernel. However, it is
19 unable to spin up the hard drive for some reason - it does detect it.
20 Here's the dmesg output from the 2006.1 CD using the 2.6.17 kernel:
21
22 http://tinyurl.com/3ck8t7
23
24 Any tips? Is the hard drive bad? I'm not sure where to go from here,
25 and I need to get this at least with the basic OS on it before the
26 29th.
27
28 TIA,
29