From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Snort?
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 23:28:49
1 On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 15:28:13 -0700
2 gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > So, if I wanted to *test it* and/or live with restarting it once a
5 > day, how do I unmask it so emerge will install it?
6 > (/etc/portage/package.keywords didn't work)
7
8 NOTE: The advice given below is not recommended for working around
9 packages that are masked or lack sparc keywords. Specifically, if an
10 ebuild has a -sparc keyword, it is known the software is broken.
11
12 Chances are you didn't do it quite right. You'll probably want an
13 entry like "net-analyzer/snort ~x86" in package.keywords. If I add
14 this to /etc/portage/package.keywords on a sparc system with stable
15 keywords, I can now emerge snort-2.4.5.
16
17 Cheers,
18 --
19 Jason Wever