From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Another quiet question
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:15:52
1 Hamish Greig [mailto:hgreig@×××××××××××.au]
2 > I think the reason no-one responds to your posts are because
3 > they are not structured in any methodical way. No sequence
4 > showing how you've already tried to investigate the problem,
5 > just a post asking for an answer, which doesn't get a lot of
6 > respect from people who've taken time and effort to learn
7 > things already.
8
9 I'm sorry that my terseness offends your sensibilities. All
10 the information that I had available was in the post, i.e.,
11 gcc failed to build.
12
13 > What more than this dump can you tell us about this error?
14
15 it's reproducable. it's not caused by OOM, but obviously by
16 a build-level error, because certain objects that the source
17 code thinks should be available, aren't. Perhaps looking at
18 the detail I provided a bit closer might reveal that fact, in
19 an obvious sort of manner (i.e., an ld error)
20
21 > What have you already done to investigate it? what level of
22 > skill do you have in this area? are we expected to fix it for
23 > you step by step or to guide you to a resolution?
24
25 Since I'm neither a maintainer, nor a GCC developer, but simply
26 a gentoo-sparc user, my job is to report the bugs that I see.
27
28 If you are a developer or maintainer, one might questions the
29 validity in your stance of attacking users for not providing
30 the information that -you- feel is needed, instead of simply
31 asking for additional detail.
32
33 It's no wonder the list is dry and gentoo is losing it's path.
34 --
35 gentoo-sparc@l.g.o mailing list