From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Another quiet question
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:15:52
Hamish Greig [mailto:hgreig@×××××××××××.au]
> I think the reason no-one responds to your posts are because > they are not structured in any methodical way. No sequence > showing how you've already tried to investigate the problem, > just a post asking for an answer, which doesn't get a lot of > respect from people who've taken time and effort to learn > things already.
I'm sorry that my terseness offends your sensibilities. All the information that I had available was in the post, i.e., gcc failed to build.
> What more than this dump can you tell us about this error?
it's reproducable. it's not caused by OOM, but obviously by a build-level error, because certain objects that the source code thinks should be available, aren't. Perhaps looking at the detail I provided a bit closer might reveal that fact, in an obvious sort of manner (i.e., an ld error)
> What have you already done to investigate it? what level of > skill do you have in this area? are we expected to fix it for > you step by step or to guide you to a resolution?
Since I'm neither a maintainer, nor a GCC developer, but simply a gentoo-sparc user, my job is to report the bugs that I see. If you are a developer or maintainer, one might questions the validity in your stance of attacking users for not providing the information that -you- feel is needed, instead of simply asking for additional detail. It's no wonder the list is dry and gentoo is losing it's path. -- gentoo-sparc@l.g.o mailing list