From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Fw: [gentoo-dev] Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:52:50
2 Hash: SHA1
5 All,
6 Any comments or preferences one way or the other? It looks to me
7 like we can run both jeeves and Willikins (why the extra "li"?
8 "relative of Willi"?), and my inclination is to go ahead. But I'd like
9 to hear from anyone who wishes to express an opinion first.
10
11 Begin forwarded message:
12
13 Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:18:05 -0700
14 From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
15 To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
16 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins
19 Hi folks,
20
21 Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
22 replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
23 channels.
24
25 Getting the bot out there
26 - -------------------------
27 If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
28 each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
29 channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.
30
31 Bug reports
32 - -----------
33 Please open a bug in the Gentoo Infrastructure product, using the
34 'Other' component, and assign it directly to me.
35
36 Custom bot functionality:
37 - -------------------------
38 Here's all the functionality that we have assembled, beyond the standard
39 rbot stuff.
40 Bugzilla
41 ========
42 !bug [ZILLA] ID
43 Looks up bug #ID in the per-channel default or specified bugzilla.
44
45 !bugstats [ZILLA]
46 Totals of bugs per the bugzilla 'status' field.
47
48 !archstats [ZILLA] [STATUS] [RESO]
49 Totals of bugs per architecture, optionally with some specific set of
50 status or resolution values, comma delimited.
51
52 status = OPEN, DONE, UNCONFIRMED,NEW,ASSIGNED,REOPENED, RESOLVED,
53 VERIFIED, CLOSED Reso = FIXED, INVALID, WONTFIX, LATER, REMIND,
54 DUPLICATE, WORKSFORME, CANTFIX, NEEDINFO, TEST-REQUEST, UPSTREAM
55 zilla = gentoo xine sourcemage redhat mozilla kernel fdo abisource
56 apache kde gnome
57 If you want another bugzilla, file a bug.
58
59 Gentoo-specific
60 ===============
61 !meta [-v] [CAT/]PACKAGE
62 Print the metadata and optionally herd members for a given package.
63
64 !changelog [CAT/]PACKAGE
65 Changelog stats for a package
66
67 !devaway list
68 List all away developers.
69
70 !devaway DEVNAME
71 Display .away message for a single developer.
72
73 !herd HERD
74 Show herd members
75
76 !expn NAME
77 Show the expansion of any public Gentoo mail alias
78
79 !glsa GLSAID
80 Shows the title and external IDS for any given GLSA ID.
81
82 !earch [CAT/]PACKAGE
83 Earch output for a given package
84
85 !rdep [CAT/]PACKAGE
86 Reverse RDEPEND for a given package
87
88 !ddep
89 Reverse DEPEND for a given package
90
91 What isn't supported yet
92 - ------------------------
93 1. !glsa -s TEXT
94 This used to search for GLSAs that matched that string in their title or
95 external IDS.
96
97 2. New bug announcements
98 Jeeves used to announce brand new bugs to #gentoo-bugs as well as
99 targeted channels or users, depending on the product, component,
100 assignee, cc and a number of other factors (deeply nested if/else
101 trees). The old implementation had this in code entirely, and it would
102 be nice to avoid having to modify the code whatsoever, and instead have
103 some domain-specific language for doing this.
104
105 Source availability
106 - -------------------
107 Gentoo specific:
108 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/rbot-gentoo.git
109 Bugzilla support:
110 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/rbot-bugzilla.git
111 (flameeyes has his own tree as well, but he's been sick lately, so it
112 was lagging behind my development)
113
114 Right now, if you want to run your own instance of the bot, you will
115 need the latest Git tree of the rBot itself, as upstream only fixed the
116 last remaining issue a couple of hours ago.
117
118 Thanks to
119 - ---------
120 solar:
121 Running the old Jeeves Eggdrop till now, and helping to document all of
122 the Eggdrop functionality we used.
123
124 flameeyes:
125 Bugzilla plugin development
126
127 halcy0n:
128 Gentoo-specific stuff
129
130 tango_, jsn-:
131 (rbot upstream developers) For fixing the bugs as I found them :-).
132
133 - --
134 Robin Hugh Johnson
135 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
136 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
137 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85
138
139 Regards,
140 Ferris
141
142 - --
143 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
144 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel, Userrel, Trustees)