From: Alex McWhirter <alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] GLIBC Issues
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 21:23:24
1 On 01/19/2016 04:05 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > if you delete that CHOST override, do the *_OPT values end up being
3 > sparc-* ? if not, put `set -x` at the top of setup_env and `set +x` at
4 > the bottom of setup_env and send that log over. sparc is the only one
5 > that sets CTARGET_OPT in this sub-case, so there might be a bug in
6 > there. unfortunately we can't get away from overriding the tuple for
7 > glibc since user's can't really change it and glibc itself does no
8 > probing :(. my preference otherwise would be to delete this block of
9 > code entirely. -mike
10
11 No it doesn't seem to make any difference. multilib_env doesn't set
12 CTARGET or CHOST, it just sets the _$ABI variants. It seems to be a
13 backup in case they aren't set in the profile.
14
15 In my profile ABI and DEFAULT_ABI are set to sparc64 and glibc changes
16 that to sparc32 when building multilib which is correct. The question i
17 have is, where is CTARGET set? glibc's ebuild doesn't seem to do it and
18 my profile doesn't either. multlib_env only sets CTARGET_$ABI which
19 isn't use here.
20
21 For what it's worth glibc will probe for which assembly to use based on
22 the value of -mpcu. I've built enough LFS builds on sparc to know what
23 happens when you pass glibc -mpcu=v9 and it need something more
24 specific. But if you use -mcpu=ultrasparc,ultrasparc3,etc... glibc will
25 pick the right assembly on it's own. At least the current version does
26 anyways. So getting rid of *_OPT vars should be fine as long as people
27 are something more specific than -mcpu=v9