From: "Mitchell
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Kernel Panic Problems
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 06:33:26
1 I haven't really been following this thread closely, but I was wondering - is this a problem with 2.6.x on any kind of UltraSparc, or is there a definite set of hardware that has issues??
2
3 Maybe I've just been insanely lucky, but I had 2.6.10-gentoo-r6 running on an E450 (4 x 400MHz, UltraSparcII (Blackbird)) for over 150 days uptime. In that time I've rebuilt the toolchain a couple of times, as well as Firefox, kdelibs & kdebase, and xorg-x11 and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. Right now I have 6 days uptime on 2.6.12-gentoo-r3, and it's been rebuilding xorg-x11 for a couple of hours.
4
5 If I *should* be having problems, but am not for some odd reason, maybe folks can suggest stuff for me to try out?? I'm willing to try to break it, if that would help resolve the problems other people are experiencing.
6
7 I'm just about to start up a 'crashme' script, doing the copy/tar/untar/delete loop thing, just to see what happens.
8
9 Ralph Mitchell
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: Paul Heinlein [mailto:heinlein@××××××.com]
14 Sent: Fri 7/8/2005 5:24 PM
15 To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
16 Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Kernel Panic Problems
17