From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Problem booting SPARC64 installcd on Blade2500systems
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:45:43
1 Max wrote:
2 > I am basing this diagnosis on the fact that I can boot any
3 > kernel before version 2.6.14, which was when this change was
4 > merged, with all more recent kernels (up to
5 > git-sources-2.6.19_rc1-r3) failing with similar but random
6 > error messages. Whilst there were other changes which could
7 > have caused this issue it seems like more than a coincidence
8 > to me that this problem appeared in the same version as a
9 > re-write of the SPARC64 boot-up sequence.
10
11 I've had this same problem on my Ultra 2 for most of the newer
12 vanilla kernels, however 2.6.18-gentoo-1 at least works for me.
13
14 One thing I did do differently between the -vanilla and -gentoo
15 source configs was to completely disable all kernel debugging
16 in the -gentoo build.
17
18 -Leif

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature