From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: klaus@××××××××××.net
Cc: Norman Warthmann <norman@×××××××××.com>, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Problems with xine and/or mplayer
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:16:59
1 On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 17:15 +0200, Klaus Wagner wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:00:35PM +0200, Norman Warthmann wrote:
3 > > Hi there,
4 > >
5 > > I have problems getting to watch videos on my ultra 10 creator 3 d and I was
6 > > wondering if somebody can give me a hint.
7 >
8 > i have experienced the same problems,
9 > lot's of color corruption when playing
10 > several avi sounds, sound should work
11 > well (normally). the reason for the occasional sound could be slow cpu
12 > performance.
13 >
14 > anyhow i don't know who to blame (kernel, X - i am using still Xfree 4.3, or
15 > the mplayer/sdl output layer)
16
17 Well, FWIW, when I use an X server on an amd64 machine and have mplayer
18 on my sparc machine connect to it using '-vo gl2', the picture quality
19 is fine, so it isn't on the mplayer/sdl level but might be at the X or
20 kernel level. I've also noticed that sometimes (meaning non
21 deterministic) it actually just works fine...