From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: klaus@××××××××××.net
Cc: Norman Warthmann <norman@×××××××××.com>, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Problems with xine and/or mplayer
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:16:59
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 17:15 +0200, Klaus Wagner wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:00:35PM +0200, Norman Warthmann wrote: > > Hi there, > > > > I have problems getting to watch videos on my ultra 10 creator 3 d and I was > > wondering if somebody can give me a hint. > > i have experienced the same problems, > lot's of color corruption when playing > several avi sounds, sound should work > well (normally). the reason for the occasional sound could be slow cpu > performance. > > anyhow i don't know who to blame (kernel, X - i am using still Xfree 4.3, or > the mplayer/sdl output layer)
Well, FWIW, when I use an X server on an amd64 machine and have mplayer on my sparc machine connect to it using '-vo gl2', the picture quality is fine, so it isn't on the mplayer/sdl level but might be at the X or kernel level. I've also noticed that sometimes (meaning non deterministic) it actually just works fine...