From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
Cc: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] ALSA support on sparc
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:46:11
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:37:21 -0800 Jeremy Huddleston
<eradicator@g.o> wrote:
| On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 20:52 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:48:00 -0900 Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
| > wrote:
| > | hmm.. gds-267-r15 doesn't like my keyboard, but vanilla-266 does.
| > | Same config file, so I'll have to figure out what the differences
| > | are before I can go on.
| >
| > You're not the only person to report that, but the g-d-s maintainers
| > don't believe us since they're supposedly not touching the keyboard
| > stuff...
|
| Can you try d-s-2.6.7 to see if your keyboard works there?  I'm
| helping dsd with g-d-s now for sparc related goodies, and I want to
| squash these annoying bugs, but unfortunately, I can't reproduce the
| keyboard bug... so if you could verify that it works in d-s-2.6.7,
| that will be a start to know whether or not it's from one of the
| gentoo patches...

d-s-2.6.7 works. g-d-s-2.6.7 doesn't, hence why I moan about the gentoo
patchset so much :) Unfortunately I don't have access to the box that I
could trigger that on any more...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm