From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] what ultrasparc compare likely such Pentium box on desktop performance
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 06:07:54
Gary Nichols wrote:

> If you really want some excitement in your life, put an e250 under > your desk. ZOOOOOM! Loud, but very fast and very expandable with > procs, memory and storage. Highly recommended - and Gentoo just rips > along.
I've got an e450 under my desk - keeps my feet nice and warm on cold winter night shifts... I think it's probably louder than an e250 - I just wish the fan control was usable under Linux. I have a Solaris install on it as well as Gentoo, and on the rare occasions when I boot Solaris, the fans spin down until there's more noise from the disks than from the fans... Unfortunately it's headless, and likely to remain that way. Works nicely as a database and distfiles server, though. Ralph Mitchell -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list