From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Gentoo Sparc <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] [Fwd: Re: [2.6.29.4] Blade 2000]
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:03:05
1 Please note, and anyone qualified please consider responding.
2
3 -------- Forwarded Message --------
4 From: David Miller <davem@×××××××××.net>
5 To: joel.bertrand@××××××××.fr
6 Cc: sparclinux@×××××××××××.org
7 Subject: Re: [2.6.29.4] Blade 2000
8 Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 00:59:01 -0700 (PDT)
9
10 From: BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand@××××××××.fr>
11 Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:49:24 +0200
12
13 > David Miller wrote:
14 >> I wonder if there is some subtle endianness problem with the
15 >> qlogic firmware, so we load it incorrectly into the chip and
16 >> it hangs.
17 >
18 > I can do some tests this week-end. How can I help you ?
19
20 If I had the time to compose such a description, or a test patch, I
21 would have.
22
23 The world needs to start thinking in terms of helping me do the work
24 of sparc maintainence, instead of constantly expecting me to magicly
25 come up with all the answers and the test patches every single time.
26
27 I have to confide in everyone how deeply disappointing it is over the
28 years that this situation continues forever and nobody tries to help
29 me in a truly meaningful way. Everyone can test things, nobody can
30 fix or implement things. We have enough testers, and nearly no
31 fixers.
32
33 I'm getting older, slower, and more bogged down in networking
34 maintainence. And hey I'd like to enjoy life too, believe it or not.
35
36 So people need to step up and help or else I can guarentee you
37 that the sparc ports will continue to deteriorate.
38 --
39 To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
40 the body of a message to majordomo@×××××××××××.org
41 More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
42 --
43 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
44 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)