From: Mike Owen <kyphros@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Snort?
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 05:13:58
On 8/3/06, gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
Snort on Sparc works for the most part. It seems like if it tries to process more than about 150MB/s it'll sig11, and if it runs for more than a few days it sig11s. It's not really any better on Solaris/Sparc, so it's just a basic incompatibility with the Sparc architecture and Snort. If you do decide to stick with it, I recommend a simple cron job that restarts Snort every day, that seems to work pretty well for me. With as cheap as x86 hardware is though, I highly recommend you just pick up a cheap box and use that for Snort. HTH, Mike -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list