From: Norman Warthmann <norman@×××××××××.com>
To: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>, klaus@××××××××××.net
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Problems with xine and/or mplayer
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:55:54
Hi there,

a short follow up. Looks like "xine" is the app to use. In xine I discovered
the right mouse button, so I am sorry for bothering. If I put myself in
"experienced user" mode, then under "audio" I am able to choose "esd"
instead of "auto" for the output and then it works. Viedo and audio; and the
colors are nice. Well I was still not able to conveniently watch that
particular movie I had, but I think this is due to the slow cpu. Well its a
440 MHz, so I thought it would work. I am looking forward to any hints you
might have to make it play more smooth...
The xine home-/help-page particularly states that esd is not the first
choice, but Oss did not want to compile into the kernel..I am using 2.4)

Regards

Norman

-- Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology Department of Molecular Biology Tuebingen, Germany http://www.smartgradstudent.de/email.signature.html -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list