From: Jason Williams <jason.b.williams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel development
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 02:19:32
1 hmm, interesting ... I admit, it's been a few months since I've tried,
2 but when I did, I eventually gave up and got hold of the old 2.6.6
3 tree. Like Ciaran said, it's likely just the difference in hardware
4 because the machine I have here that runs gentoo is a U60 while the
5 one at work is a U5. That said though, I did run a very stable 2.6
6 kernel on this very same U60 a few months back in debian. What this
7 line of thought leads to though is that debian gives you the most
8 universally working 2.6 kernel version levels by default, so I must
9 now ask: who out there runs a stable 2.6 kernel on a U60, so I'll know
10 what version works best on it?
11
12 All that said, it is good to know now that there's more cooperation
13 between the sparc porting developers than I'd previously thought.
14 Thanks guys.
15
16 jbw
17