From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Re: Official SPARC64 Port
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 23:46:18
1 On 28 Jan 2016 18:37, Alex McWhirter wrote:
2 > On 01/28/2016 06:26 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > you don't have to be a dev to get your work merged. you just have to
4 > > be a dev to do the final push yourself. so if you have changes that
5 > > you think are ready to go now, we can get them merged.
6 >
7 > I want to do a bit more testing to ensure im not going to break any
8 > existing sparc32 installs. I am fairly certain that we are going to
9 > break sparc32 + multilib, but considering that profile was never
10 > officially released it may not be that big of a deal.
11 >
12 > My main concern with sparc32 + multilib is what happens when you have
13 > system installed with SYMLINK_LIB="yes" and later change it to "no".
14
15 the profile is explicitly labeled "experimental":
16 default/linux/sparc/experimental/multilib
17
18 so just deleting it and forcing the people (if any) to manually update
19 is fine. you don't run "experimental" on a system in production ;).
20 -mike