From: Jason Williams <jason.b.williams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] xorg device problems
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:58:05
Thank you for taking interst and sorry for not responding sooner. I've
been really busy lately, so getting xinerama working dropped in
priority a bit.

The answer to the kernel issue is not really. Last year I was using
the development-sources kernel (at the time 2.6.6). Since then,
development-sources died, so I got someone to send me a 2.6.6 kernel
tree tarball from that time period. I've since compiled that and been
using it. It works alright except that it will only last a few weeks
at a time before locking up (I'm assuming there's a memory leak
somewhere); I didn't have that problem last year but oh well; it
doesn't hae anything to do with this.

as far as the interesting tests, I did all of those already, but I'll
try again to reveal the log output.
commenting out the SBUS lines gives:

(EE) Screen Screen1 doesn't exist: deleting placement
Using vt 7
(WW) SUNFFB: More than one matching Device section found: Card0
(WW) SUNFFB: More than one matching Device section found: Card0

giving both SBUS lines fb0 gives:

(EE) Screen Screen1 doesn't exist: deleting placement
Using vt 7
(WW) SUNFFB: More than one matching Device section for instance
(BusID: Card0) found: SBUS:fb0
(WW) SUNFFB: No matching Device section for instance (BusID
SBUS:/SUNW,ffb@1d,0) found

So yeah, neither worked. However, udev is seeing both of these devices
as it's generating them in /dev and /sys ... Therefore, I assume it
has to be something to do with xorg.

jbw