From: freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6 stable for sparc?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:51:58
1 Hello Ferris,
2
3 Since I am not a developer I will reply to you in private.
4
5 When I have my Blade 100 installed I will try out this X11.org version using
6 the onboard ATI RageXL card.
7
8 I just need to get a kernel config first, but I will ask that in the
9 mailinglist it self.
10
11 Regards,
12
13 Tom Weustink
16 > --- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---
17 > Von: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
18 > An: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
19 > Kopie: x11@g.o
20 > Betreff: [gentoo-sparc] xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6 stable for sparc?
21 > Datum: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:57:29 +0000
22 >
23 > Are there reasons why this release should not go stable for sparc? I
24 > don't see any problems reported against it, and I haven't heard of any
25 > sparc problems with it (although, of course, it might be that no one but
26 > me is running it anywhere).
27 >
28 > There is no urgency except for bookkeeping reasons, but this release
29 > does end once and for all the confusion about what keyboard driver to
30 > use for sparc, requires no hand patching to fix up sunffb, and so on.
31 > If it's working for everyone, it's a bit cleaner for us to standardize
32 > on -r6 instead of -r4, we can bury for good a couple bugs, and so on.
33 >
34 > Comments, complaints, problems actively solicited.
35 > Regards,
36 > Ferris
37 > --
38 > Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
39 > Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel)
43 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail
44 +++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++
45 --
46 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list