From: Hamish Greig <hgreig@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Why is a simple hello world in 64 bit assembly program 65k bytes long?
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:13:44
On Wednesday 03 January 2007 08:40, Alex Buell wrote:
<snip>

Have you tried a 32-bit program to see if it is the bits or the code ?
Have you tried a 32-bit and 64-bit simple c program to see if it is an
assembly problem and not a 64-bit problem ?

I understand you are an experienced programmer and might have already tried
these things, I ask only because you don't mention any details of having
investigated the problem prior to emailing the list.
You would problably have more replies on the binutils or gcc lists, although
without evidence that you have investigated the problem somewhat, they might
also not respond, not knowing what technical level of response you will
understand.

Of course, all of this is just my humble opinion, I offer it hoping to have
your question answered instead of popping back into my inbox next week.

hgg