From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: x11@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6 stable for sparc?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:58:03
1 Are there reasons why this release should not go stable for sparc? I
2 don't see any problems reported against it, and I haven't heard of any
3 sparc problems with it (although, of course, it might be that no one but
4 me is running it anywhere).
5
6 There is no urgency except for bookkeeping reasons, but this release
7 does end once and for all the confusion about what keyboard driver to
8 use for sparc, requires no hand patching to fix up sunffb, and so on.
9 If it's working for everyone, it's a bit cleaner for us to standardize
10 on -r6 instead of -r4, we can bury for good a couple bugs, and so on.
11
12 Comments, complaints, problems actively solicited.
13 Regards,
14 Ferris
15 --
16 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
17 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel)