From: "Mitchell
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] how to figure out what an ultrasparc clone is, exactly, before boot (ie by name, pictures, model #, etc)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:06:34
Well, I don't know about Sparc clones, but a real Sparc defaults to putting the console on the first serial port if it doesn't detect a keyboard.  So, hook up a null modem cable to some other machine, connect a terminal program to it at 9600 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, then power up the clone without a keyboard.  I would expect to see a banner saying what kind of cpu/memory at least, but again that's with a real sparc.  Your milage may vary...

Ralph Mitchell