From: Chris Russell <cjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Keyboard-related problems
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:39:26
1 Eduardo, since you've installed from GRP I'll assume you are running
2 xfree, not xorg. The likely cause(s) of your problem are;
3 1. incorrect keymap specified in /etc/rc.conf
4 2. incorrect keymap specified in /etc/X11/XF86Config
5
6 the system keymap (defined in rc.conf) depends on your kernel version,
7 for kernel 2.4 you would probably use sunkeymap but for kernel 2.6
8 things changed and you should specify a differnet keymap. (ref:
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/docs/sparc-2.6.x/#keymaps )
10
11 for xfree, this is what I used with my us layout type-5 keyboard and
12 kernel 2.4
13 ----
14 Section "InputDevice"
15 Identifier "Keyboard0"
16 Driver "keyboard"
17 Option "XkbModel" "sun"
18 Option "XkbCompat" "compat/complete"
19 Option "XkbTypes" "types/complete"
20 Option "XkbKeycodes" "sun(type5)"
21 Option "XkbGeometry" "sun(type5unix)"
22 Option "XkbSymbols" "sun/us(sun5)"
23 EndSection
24
25 Section "InputDevice"
26 Identifier "Mouse0"
27 Driver "mouse"
28 Option "Protocol" "busmouse"
29 Option "Device" "/dev/sunmouse"
30 EndSection
31 ----
32 (ref: http://dev.gentoo.org/~cjr/configs/XF86Config_ultra5-3d-rage-gt )
33
34 for kernel 2.6 I'm not so sure as I switched to xorg as well but I'm sure someone else could comment.
35
36 please post back to the list any results / more questions
37 cheers,
38 Chris.
39