From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] GLIBC Issues
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:01:59
1 On 20 Jan 2016 02:40, Alex McWhirter wrote:
2 > So 32bit libc is going to need a 32bit gcc, gcc is capable of -m32 but
3 > it's libs are ELF 64 only. So we need to compile gcc with multilib as well.
4 >
5 > gcc depends on libc, so we have a chicken and egg problem here. I am
6 > trying to pass --without-headers and --with-newlib to gcc, but it still
7 > looks for stubs-32.h which isn't there.
8 >
9 > Trying now with --disable-shared but i don't see how that will make a
10 > difference.
11
12 since you have 32-bit & 64-bit builds of sparc already, just copy by hand
13 the 32-bit gcc libs in to the right place. then build glibc, and then
14 rebuild gcc. you should be able to bootstrap multilib build that way.
15 -mike