From: Steve Farmer <steve@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Ultra 10 CPU replacement?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:28:59
1 Hi all,
2
3 My Ultra 10 was given to me by a former employer because it has a
4 flaky 440 MHz CPU. It will run for hours, days, even weeks, but
5 eventually the machine crashes. Sun wanted so much for a replacement
6 CPU that the boss laughed out loud and gave me the box.
7
8 I've found some cheap CPUs that appear to be Ultra 5 pulls, part
9 numbers 501-5039 (270 MHz) and 501-5148 (360 MHz). I've looked at
10 some of the Sunsolve docs, but since I don't really know the part
11 number of my Ultra 10 system board it's not at all clear to me if
12 these CPUs will work for me.
13
14 Does anyone know for sure if Ultra 5 CPUs will work in an Ultra 10?
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 Steve