From: Jason Williams <jason.b.williams@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Sparc <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] SILO and OBP conflicts?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:46:03
Alright, I cannot boot my machine from the disk. Every time I try I
get 'The file just loaded does not appear to be executable' and a
return to the ok prompt; it's not even loading the S. I am not the
only one experiencing this. There several in the forum that are having
this problem. User zaanpenguin and I are having the exact same problem
down to the tee. He's tried various versions of silo, so it does not
appear to be a version problem. He and I did both recently upgrade our
OBP to the latest version of 3.31. However, the interesting part is I
had mine booting with this version until I ran into some disk issues
and decided to do a full format and surface analysis using the solaris
install CD. Ever since I put gentoo back on I have not been able to
boot off the disk.

For full and much better explanations this forum thread is where
zaanpenguin and I have been posting:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-357797-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-0.html?sid=54fbfa149d0c34e74349d4f2c8f6e6e4

We are both getting quite desperate; I appreciate anything anyone can
do to help.

Jason