From: Jason Williams <jason.b.williams@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Sparc <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] SILO and OBP conflicts?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:46:03
1 Alright, I cannot boot my machine from the disk. Every time I try I
2 get 'The file just loaded does not appear to be executable' and a
3 return to the ok prompt; it's not even loading the S. I am not the
4 only one experiencing this. There several in the forum that are having
5 this problem. User zaanpenguin and I are having the exact same problem
6 down to the tee. He's tried various versions of silo, so it does not
7 appear to be a version problem. He and I did both recently upgrade our
8 OBP to the latest version of 3.31. However, the interesting part is I
9 had mine booting with this version until I ran into some disk issues
10 and decided to do a full format and surface analysis using the solaris
11 install CD. Ever since I put gentoo back on I have not been able to
12 boot off the disk.
13
14 For full and much better explanations this forum thread is where
15 zaanpenguin and I have been posting:
16 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-357797-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-0.html?sid=54fbfa149d0c34e74349d4f2c8f6e6e4
17
18 We are both getting quite desperate; I appreciate anything anyone can
19 do to help.
20
21 Jason
24 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list