From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: sparclinux@×××××××××××.org, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: dsd@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] system lockup bug in >2.6.7-rc1-bk6 tracked down
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:11:51
A change between 2.6.7-rc1-bk6 and 2.6.7-rc2 can results in a system
lockdown.  One situation in which this can be triggered is when we are a
nfs client, and the nfs server shuts down (or on the server, you simply
issue an 'ifconfig eth1 down').  I have tracked this down to a bug in
dev_ifconf() in fs/compat_ioctl.c

The attached patch will revert this function to it's pre-2.6.7-rc2
state.  This is not meant to be the suggested fix, but it is a
workaround for now for anyone who is in need of it, and hopefully now
that I've narrowed down the problem, someone else might be willing/able
to fix it since it's past 3am here, and I don't have much experience
with the fs/ section of the kernel...

Thanks.

--
Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>

dev_ifconf-revert-2.6.7-rc1-bk6.patch text/x-patch
signature.asc application/pgp-signature