From: Alex Buell <alex.buell@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: Jim Watson <jim@××××××××××××.au>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] GWN "Want ad" for sparc architecture testers
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:34:44
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:41:59 +1000, I waved a wand and this message
magically appears in front of Jim Watson:

> It is also needed to find if a problem is sparc related - test on > different platforms. I can help you with that. > > There are currently not any bugs upstream that are specific to sparc. > > I am not a gentoo user, but doing the upstream OOo port for sparc
Right, I've tried unmasking the OOO ebuild on sparc and building it - it stopped with an error probably ~50% though. I can try this again and file bug reports if that's necessary? As for there being a lack of a Java VM on sparc, if anyone's working on porting Sun's JVM, I can help with testing the builds. Regards, Alex -- http://www.munted.org.uk Fearsome grindings. -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list