From: Alex Buell <alex.buell@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: Jim Watson <jim@××××××××××××.au>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] GWN "Want ad" for sparc architecture testers
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:34:44
1 On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:41:59 +1000, I waved a wand and this message
2 magically appears in front of Jim Watson:
5 > It is also needed to find if a problem is sparc related - test on
6 > different platforms. I can help you with that.
7 >
8 > There are currently not any bugs upstream that are specific to sparc.
9 >
10 > I am not a gentoo user, but doing the upstream OOo port for sparc
11
12 Right, I've tried unmasking the OOO ebuild on sparc and building it -
13 it stopped with an error probably ~50% though. I can try this again and
14 file bug reports if that's necessary?
15
16 As for there being a lack of a Java VM on sparc, if anyone's working on
17 porting Sun's JVM, I can help with testing the builds.
18
19 Regards,
20 Alex
21 --