From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: x11@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Fixes for sunffb, sunleo, and kbd driver in xorg-x11-6.8.2-r5
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:13:18
1 Thanks to Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o>, the patches for
2 Bugs 79467 and 61940 are incorporated into xorg-x11-6.8.2-r5. This
3 means that the deprecated keyboard driver is neither needed nor built
4 under any circumstances, sunleo patches do not need to be installed by
5 hand, and xaa+correct font rendering are provided for sunffb without the
6 need for patching by hand.
7
8 This version of xorg-x11 is in the portage tree, keyworded ~sparc (well,
9 it is keyworded ~{everything}). However, I have built and installed it
10 on both a Creator (ffb) system (U2) and on an Elite (afb) system (U60).
11 In both cases, it builds, installs, and runs fine without needing any
12 manual intervention. The fixes are present as advertised.
13
14 Therefore, I'd appreciate sparc testing of this release; if it works
15 well for everyone else, we can keyword the package as stable, and close
16 those bugs once and for all.
17
18 Help and feedback appreciated,
19 Regards,
20 Ferris
21 --
22 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
23 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel)