From: Jason Wever <weeve3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 32 bit or 64 bit ELF on UltraSparc IIi?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:24:55
> My CHOST is "sparc-unknown-linux-gnu", but apparently I'm not meant to > change this to sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu?
This is correct. While there is a sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu setup floating around, it is strictly for compiling the kernel. Also, there are some ebuilds (like glibc) that may depend on sparc-unknown-linux-gnu existing or they will fail. As for why userland is 32 bits, take a look at the whole thread on this topic from the sparclinux mailing list archives[1]. While it is a bit dated, I believe the information is still relevant. [1] - http://marc.info/?l=linux-sparc&m=99706001104013&w=2 Cheers, -- Jason Wever -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list