From: gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] OT: From gentoo to Solaris
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 22:00:04

Hi All,

I have an Ultra5 that I was running gentoo on (quite happily I might
add).  But a recent project requires that I switch it to Solaris
(preferably 10, but 9 would work too).

I'm running into an issue where the installer doesn't recognize the
drive layout of the "big" drive I have in there now.  Is there a way
with the gentoo-sparc InstallCD that I can reset the CHS settings in the
partition map to something the (uber-picky) Solaris install script would
recognize?

If you feel this is too off-topic for this list, feel free to contact me
off-list.  I'm just hoping that one sparc-monkeys here will have enough
Solaris experience to be able to help.

TIA!

P.S.  I've tried updating the OBP, but have had "challenges" there as
well.  If anyone knows how to do this from a CD or from the network (I
know *dangerous*!), I'd appreciate some tips.
- --
gentux
echo "hfouvyyAhnbjm/dpn" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'

gentux's gpg fingerprint ==> 5495 0388 67FF 0B89 1239  D840 4CF0 39E2
18D3 4A9E