From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Sun Gem (RIO GEM r01) errors...
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:42:54
1 --- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, BRM wrote:
3 > > I am aware that the network the system is running
4 > on is suppose to
5 > > be full duplex, 100 Mbps. However, I have noticed
6 > that the
7 > > card/driver seems to think it is half-duplex.
8 > Could this simply be a
9 > > duplexing issue? I have no control of the switch
10 > it is plugged into
11 > > (so far as settings go), but have not been able to
12 > find a way to get
13 > > ifconfig to force it to full-duplex. (We've
14 > typically built the
15 > > driver into the kernel.)
16 > ethtool is the utility you want to setting
17 > speed/duplex, e.g.,
18 > ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off
19
20 Thanks. That did the trick. Unfortunately, I am not
21 able to pull from portage due to an authenticated
22 firewall being in the way. (We tried the instructions
23 for the proxy, but it didn't work.) Any how, for
24 anyone interested, you can also get the software from
25 the following link:
26 http://sourceforge.net/projects/gkernel/
27
28 Thanks,