From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Ultra Enterprise 2 w/ 2GB of RAM
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:28:48
1 Alex Buell writes:
2 > Seeing the recent activity on this mailing list, I thought I'd ask.
3 > I've got an Ultra Enterprise 2 w/ 2GB of RAM and a pair of
4 > 300MHz blackbird processors.
5 >
6 > Sadly, I've just tried to boot the thing up tonight and found
7 > it's not working. What I can see is the light on the CDROM
8 > comes on and flash a few times, then the display changes to
9 > black - that means there is a signal there but there's
10 > nothing there to see, even after a few minutes. This box has
11 > both a TurboGX and a Creator3D cards in it, both show the
12 > same result.
13
14 First thing to do is remove the graphics cards and any keyboards,
15 then hook up a serial connection to TTYA and see if you get any output.
16
17 If you can get a prompt that way, theres some extended diagnostics you
18 can
19 run after setting the default input/output to the serial port,
20 overriding
21 the soon-to-be-reinstalled video adapter.
22 --
23 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list