From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Ultra Enterprise 2 w/ 2GB of RAM
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:28:48
Alex Buell writes:
> Seeing the recent activity on this mailing list, I thought I'd ask. > I've got an Ultra Enterprise 2 w/ 2GB of RAM and a pair of > 300MHz blackbird processors. > > Sadly, I've just tried to boot the thing up tonight and found > it's not working. What I can see is the light on the CDROM > comes on and flash a few times, then the display changes to > black - that means there is a signal there but there's > nothing there to see, even after a few minutes. This box has > both a TurboGX and a Creator3D cards in it, both show the > same result.
First thing to do is remove the graphics cards and any keyboards, then hook up a serial connection to TTYA and see if you get any output. If you can get a prompt that way, theres some extended diagnostics you can run after setting the default input/output to the serial port, overriding the soon-to-be-reinstalled video adapter. -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list