From: Alex McWhirter <alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] GLIBC Issues
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:19:05
1 This is probably slightly off topic, but my next order of business after
2 getting multilib finished will be writing a wiki / other docs on
3 crossdev. In short i am absolutely blow away with how easy it makes
4 cross compiling.
5
6 However i spent about 3 hours frustrated with it because i didn't
7 realize that it create a whole new environment in /usr/(CHOST)... So i
8 proceeded to create my own env and try to override all of the env vars
9 portage was making. The using qemu to emulate sparc64 binaries so i
10 could pass config checks.
11
12 Until i found (CHOST)-emerge that is, and subsequently realized it had
13 it's own env...