From: Jim Watson <jim@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] QLA2xxx
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:48:07
1 BRM wrote:
2 > I recently acquired a SunBlade 2000 Workstation. As neither I nor any the other admins are very familiar with Solaris, we are trying to put Gentoo/SPARC on the system. However, we have run into an issue with Gentoo 2007.0 as Linux won't find the SCSI hard drive that is attached via a QLA2xxx device - the only number I can get is ISP2200, so I suppose it is suppose to be the QLA2200 - so we can't even start the install, or get to a point where we can even try to compile the driver source.
3 >
4 > I've noticed there were a number of issues with this card in the forums with kernels after 2.6.16. Has anyone found an answer? The 2007.0 ISOs seem to have the latest firmware from Qlogic, which I tried downloading to the system, but we continued to get the "NVRAM inconsistency" message.
5 >
6 > I also noticed there is a newer edition of the qlogic firmware in portage. Does anyone know how I might be able to get the system to use the newer code? Will the 2008.0 ISOs use the new code? (If so, I'm sure I could wait for the 2008.0 SPARC image.)
7 >
8 > Any pointers, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
9 >
10 > TIA,
11 >
12 > Ben