From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] legal agreement
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:02:22
1 On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 01:00:51PM -0400 or thereabouts, John Davis wrote:
2 > The link is:
3 > [Redacted]
4
5 The contract looks fairly standard -- I don't have any issues with it
6 myself.
7
8 The only thing to be aware of is the fact that they are asking/expecting us
9 to pay any legal fees they incur on our behalf. This is standard and
10 reasonable, but it will be our job to make sure we know about these fees
11 ahead of time. These fees can often reach into the hundreds of dollars,
12 even for day-to-day legal stuff. Depending on how anal retentive their
13 firm is about recouping expenses, we can be charged for long distance phone
14 calls they make on our behalf, photocopies, overnight shipping charges,
15 etc. Those can quickly add up.
16
17 Just a heads up so we're all aware of it.
18
19 --kurt