From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] Advertisement requests
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:37:06
1 On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 01:21:37PM -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Hrm, This is true. I thought there was something on the sponsors [1]
3 > page about this, but apparently not. Make a bug and assign it to me and
4 > I'll see about making an addition to that page that has requirements and
5 > some guidelines for it. Generally in the past, someone would email
6 > either me or Kurt about providing such hardware. If we felt that we
7 > needed it and could use, then we would go on from there. If they asked
8 > to have some kind of ad on our page, we would only do that depending on
9 > the level of things they offered to us. i.e. - if they provided a bunch
10 > of bandwidth/hardware/support, they would definately get exposure on our
11 > main page.
12 >
13 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/sponsors.xml
14
15 And if you'd receive 10 valid requests, would we increase the amount of
16 advertisements on our website again? And for how long do we state that the
17 advertisements last?
18
19 You mentioned possible randomizing the position; do you also mean mixing
20 (like only showing a few of all available ones) or do we have a promise that
21 the ad is always visible)?
22
23 I can understand that, for continuous support, an advertisement stays until
24 the support is over. What about one-time (but quite large) donations? Or
25 is that not a possible target?
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen
32 Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee
33
34 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>