From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-trustees] Re: appeal
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:59:56
1 On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 10:03:30AM +0200, Michal Grňa wrote:
2 [...]
3
4 Okay, the snipped e-mail was a request to officially sell Gentoo merchandise
5 in a non-US country where US imported goods are quite expensive or slowly
6 reach their target.
7
8 My opinion is that we should not allow this in any case but rather focus
9 such requests to other designs that clearly reflect upon the Gentoo
10 distribution but don't use the Gentoo g logo.
11
12 If we would allow it (given certain conditions) it'll be difficult for us to
13 decide on the conditions (which are broader than plain financials, we would
14 also need to give a legal license to the shop to use the g logo) and verify
15 that the conditions are met constantly.
16
17 There is plenty of non-g-logo Gentoo artwork around, such as various styled
18 versions of strings like "gentoo" (which requires a (tm) :), "emerge" or
19 "portage".
20
21 But perhaps we can create a nice, official Gentoo logo for public usage? One
22 that everyone can use on his or her t-shirts and other stuff...
23
24 Wkr,
25 Sven Vermeulen
28 Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org