List Archive: gentoo-trustees
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Okay, here's another update. We really need to get this done, so I've
decided to go w/ Daniel's suggestion that we extend the store license
for one year from the date of signing instead of the current end-of-2005
license that Daniel might not be able to sign until late May. Feel free
to complain, and if there's a consensus that this isn't the best route
then we'll do something different. I've also added the domain names and
a clause about the copyright assignment forms that are making this
effort so urgent.
GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76
Daniel Robbins, on behalf of Gentoo Technologies, Inc, hereby transfers to the
Gentoo Foundation, Inc the following:
1. To the extent that there is copyright to be transferred, the exclusive
copyright interest in all files to which Gentoo Technologies, Inc holds the
copyright listed in the attached "files.txt" file to the Gentoo Foundation,
Inc. (This listing of files was obtained by running the command "for x in doc
gentoo gentoo-projects gentoo-src gentoo-x86; do cvs -d
email@example.com:/var/cvsroot ex -D 2004/06/25 $x; done" to extract the
files that existed in the Gentoo Concurrent Versions System (CVS) repositories
on 25 June 2004. This list is overcomplete; copyright of files which are not
held by Gentoo Technologies, Inc of course remain with the original copyright
2. The copyright assignment forms that many Gentoo developers signed. Also,
all copyright interest in content created by those developers that was
implicitly assigned to Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
3. Copyright and trademark interest (where applicable) of the "Gentoo" name,
the Gentoo stylized "G" (http://www.gentoo.org/images/gtop-www.jpg), and the
red Gentoo logo (http://www.gentoo.org/images/gentoo-new.gif).
4. Ownership of the following domain names:
5. Ownership of the physical hardware that is currently providing:
In return, the Gentoo Foundation, Inc provides to Daniel Robbins (not to
Gentoo Technologies, Inc) the following:
1. A perpetual, royalty-free, non-transferrable license to use all current and
future Gentoo logos and marks, including registered trademarks, for
2. A perpetual mail-forwarding alias for the "firstname.lastname@example.org" electronic
3. A license to maintain the official Gentoo store (at
http://store.gentoo.org and email@example.com) for one year from the date
that this agreement has been signed by both parties.
Daniel Robbins Date
Grant Goodyear Date