(sorry for the top post, I have only one comment and the rest of this probably
didn't hit the trustees list due to membership restrictions)
200-300 dpi, size doesn't really matter because we can scale it to fit the CD,
as long as the placement of everything works in aspect with a CD.
On Friday 10 June 2005 02:27 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 13:34 -0700, Corey Shields wrote:
> > I just sent the master CD's to CafePress for our store.. They are
> > Install and Package CDs for each of x86, amd64, ppc, and sparc64. The
> > cds will be offered on the store seperately.
> So you've sent off the Universal and Packages disk for each of those
> architectures, correct?
> > Does anyone want to step up and work on a CD cover (needs to be a
> > standard square graphic, imagine the cd outer and inner circles inside of
> > it)? If not, I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
> What size/resolution/dpi?
> > As for future releases, I'm cc'ing releng leads on this but I'd like to
> > get an idea of how we want to handle that. I don't know that it is fair
> > to get the iso's beforehand, and we definitely don't want to advertise
> > any future dates and raise expectations. If anything, when the time
> > comes maybe edit the existing releases to say "2005.1 coming soon!"
> Well, the SOP when Daniel was running the store was to get him the ISO
> images at about the same time as the images were hitting the mirrors,
> but before the actual release date. Up until 2005.0, this wasn't a
> problem, as we were on schedule with the release date (and Daniel never
> knew what it was ahead of time). The reason for the slight advance on
> the images was due to him needing time to start burning them to CD
> before shipping. Generally, he would get the ISO images on a Friday,
> and we would release on that Monday (0000UTC).
> > So as it looks now, once a release is made we could burn and ship master
> > cds on that same day, and depending on the shipping method (overnight?)
> > have them on the store within ~48 hours. A weekend or Friday release
> > would extend this delay. Again, I'm not asking for special treatment or
> > favors here, but want to open up the floor for discussion/ideas on how to
> > do this in the future.
> We schedule releases to fall on 0000UTC on a Monday. This makes things
> easier on us to coordinate with Infrastructure, PR, and the GWN folks.
> For those of us in the USA, this falls on Sunday evening.
Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees