From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-uk@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-uk] Gentoo meet
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:12:45
1 On 11/07/06, Stephen <stephenjohnson@×××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Yes but i emailed someone about it, and they told due to their exams it
3 > had been canceled and to keep an eye on the mailing list.
4 >
5 > George Prowse wrote:
6 > > On 10/07/06, Peter Weller <welp@×××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 > >> Stephen Johnson wrote:
8 > >> > Peter Weller wrote:
9 > >> >> Stephen Johnson wrote:
10 > >> >>> Peter Weller wrote:
11 > >> >>>> Hmm, I've got bad news for you... The Gentoo UK conference was on
12 > >> >>>> Saturday... Yes... last Saturday...
13 > >> >>> i thought it had been called off
14 > >> >> Yeah... until about a month ago...
15 > >> > dammit i always miss out, btw dns is in dec and will be based
16 > >> > somewhere near blackpool it is the longest running and largest network
17 > >> > security conference in the uk.Ill post more info when i get the
18 > >> > organizers to get their arse in gear
19 > >> Looks like Daniel forgot to announce it here... Oh well, there's always
20 > >> next year, and he'll be uploading all the slides from the presentations
21 > >> and also pics. If you got on IRC, you'd have known about it... oh
22 > >> well...
23 > >> --
24 > >> gentoo-uk@g.o mailing list
25 > >>
26 > >>
27 > > It was announced all over IRC and there are TWO (now 3) different
28 > > threads about it in the forums and have been for over 6 months.
29 > >
30 > > If there is a Gentoo UK meeting do you not think the best place to get
31 > > information about it is in #gentoouk ?
32 > >
33 > > George
34 >
35 > --
36 > gentoo-uk@g.o mailing list
39 Yeah, it was getting hard trying to find the right set of times and
40 places but the one thing we knew was that we couldn't have it when
41 exams were on.
42
43 Finding a place at the right time, in the right location and with the
44 right facilities turned out to be difficult and the best way to keep
45 people in touch with the constant changes was with the forums.
46
47 We posted polls on the forums about which location in the UK they
48 would prefer, there was another thread about whether people could help
49 by suggesting locations and there was another to keep people posted
50 about the changes.
51
52 It was probably me who told you that it was being postponed until
53 after the exams and most of the announcements that i made tended to be
54 on the forums but as usual the vast majority of the decisions were
55 made live, via IRC.
56
57 George
58 --