From: Felix Schuster <felix.schuster@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user-de@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user-de] https://bugs.gentoo.org/2272 (was: USE Abhängigkeiten)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:15:37
1 Hi Christian aka V-Li!
2
3 On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 00:00 +0000, Christian 'Opfer' Faulhammer wrote:
4 > >>> Scheint ein Feature-Request zu sein.
5 > >> Für Portage. Eventuell schnappst du dir jemanden vom Portage-Team und
6 > >> diskutierst das mit ihm.
7 > > Das ist allerding eine gute Idee. Mal schaun, ob ich da wen finde!
8 >
9 > Im entsprechenden IRC-Kanal wird sich jemand auftun. Ich meine, aber
10 > schon davon in gentoo-dev als Wunsch gelesen zu haben.
11
12 Flex_: hi there!
13 I recently installed VLC (the media-player package). it needs wxGTK and
14 a few other libraries. so portage lists me all packages it was going to
15 emerge. when portage came to the last one - vlc - vlcs ebuild told me
16 that i haven't build wxGTK with unicode USE-Flag. So I had to re-emerge
17 wxGTK - this took me a very long time (only 1100MHz).
18 My idea is that portage recognizes such a situation before it starts
19 building anything. portage knows which use flags i have en-/disabled and
20 it knows which packages i am going to install. portage also could know
21 (i know it doesn't know this yet) which useflags are requested by each
22 ebuild/package.
23 vlcs ebuild now: wxwindows? ( >=x11-libs/wxGTK-2.6.2-r1 )
24 and (maybe) in the future: wxwindows? ( >=x11-libs/wxGTK-2.6.2-r1
25 USE="wxwindows").
26 I was told there exists a post on the gentoo-dev (or gentoo-portage-dev)
27 list, but i have not found something like that in the archives. what's
28 your opinion?
29 blubb: Flex_: the problem is known, but not so easy to fix
30 blubb: it is bug 2272
31 jeeves: blubb: https://bugs.gentoo.org/2272 nor, P2, x86,
32 erichey2@×××××.com->dev-portage@g.o, NEW, pending, portage:
33 ability to depend on USE flags being enabled
34 Flex_: thanks, i'll have a look
37 Ich werde, wenn ich dann dazu komme, auch einen Kommentar hinterlassen.
38
39 Bye, Felix
42 Felix Schuster <felix.schuster@×××.at>
43 Vienna, Austria