From: henkg@××××××××××××××.nl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] qmail and spamassassin
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:29:49
1 Hello,
2
3 I am trying to install spamassassin in my qmail system.
4 I followed the instructions in the gentoo docs, so installed
5 spamassassin followed by qmail-scanner.
6 I added an export line to conf-common and checked qmail-scanner-queue.pl
7 and restarted svscan.
8
9 Simple messages are processed correctly and simulated spam messages are
10 discarded correctly, however messages from this list cause an error in
11 qmail-smtpd. I get log entries like this:
12
13 clamdscan: corrupt or unknown clamd scanner error or
14 memory/resource/perms
15 problem - exit status 512/2
16
17 I have tried all references to clam, trijd to reinstall clamav and
18 qmail-scanner, but I can't get rid of these messages. qmail-smtpd fails
19 after this, so the sender thinks there is a problem with my email, which
20 is true....
21
22 I went back to regular qmail for now, but am still interrested in a
23 solution or indication of what might be the problem.
24
25 Kind regards,
26
27 Henk.