From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The return of the dreaded "Cannot run C compiled programs"
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 15:06:47
1 On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 08:38:10 +0100
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 16:47:32 BST Floyd Anderson wrote:
4 >
5 >> Just a guess, because you’re compiling multilib – look whether your
6 >> kernel is able to run 32bit binaries. Check, e.g. the setting for kernel
7 >> option CONFIG_IA32_EMULATION.
8 >
9 >That's it! I just reused the .config from the previous no-multilib system
10 >without thinking about it. Stupid boy (TM).
11
12 You’re not alone. I wanted to shrink my kernel size and switched that
13 kernel option off (beside others) – the error occurred weeks later.
17 Regards,
18 floyd