From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From /etc/locale.build to /etc/locale.gen
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:48:32
1 Roman Zilka ha scritto:
2 > Hey Emilio,
5 >> I should upgrade /etc/locale.build to /etc/locale.gen.
8 > that's right, you should.
11 >> I did not find anything about this upgrade.
14 > glibc has been warning about this for a very long time (>year, I guess)
15 > during emerge. glibc-2.6.1 is the first stable version to fail if the
16 > user hasn't upgraded yet.
19 >> Is it a matter of name changing only?
22 > No.
23 >
24 > $ cat /etc/locale.gen
25 > # /etc/locale.gen: list all of the locales you want to have on your system
26 > #
27 > # The format of each line:
28 > # <locale> <charmap>
29 > #
30 > # Where <locale> is a locale located in /usr/share/i18n/locales/ and
31 > # where <charmap> is a charmap located in /usr/share/i18n/charmaps/.
32 > #
33 > # All blank lines and lines starting with # are ignored.
34 > #
35 > # For the default list of supported combinations, see the file:
36 > # /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED
37 > #
38 > # Whenever glibc is emerged, the locales listed here will be automatically
39 > # rebuilt for you. After updating this file, you can simply run `locale-gen`
40 > # yourself instead of re-emerging glibc.
41 >
42 > cs_CZ ISO-8859-2
43 > en_US ISO-8859-1
44 > ja_JP EUC-JP