From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] creating local copies of web pages
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 05:28:46
1 On December 3, 2005 10:09 am Robert Persson was like:
2 > On December 3, 2005 05:40 am Martins Steinbergs was like:
3 > > if there isn't any files or folders under /websites then it isn't problem
4 > > with httrack. if mirroring goes wrong, then there at least should be
5 > > project folder containing hts-cash folder and hts-log.txt; index.html
6 > > files. sorry, not much help from here.
7 > > martins
8 >
9 > But that's not what I've been saying, Martins. httrack +does+ create
10 > directories in ~/websites, including hts-cache. It also creates
11 > hts-log.txt, index.html, a lock file and a couple of gifs. However
12 > hts-cache is the only one of those directories with anything in it (aside
13 > from subdirectories and sub-subdirectories), and index.html is an empty
14 > file. What there is in hts-cache is a file called new.dat which contains a
15 > lot of the html that ought to have been put into the folders, all rolled
16 > into one huge file.
17
18 It seems that the problem has been simply that httrack is incredibly slow at
19 downloading pages, and that it also caches a lot of them before committing
20 them to wherever they are supposed to end up. This is why it looked like
21 nothing was happening whenever I tried to use it.
22
23 Many thanks to everyone who has helped me here.
24
25 Robert
26 --
27 Robert Persson
28
29 "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
30 (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list