From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updated gentoo systems and fresh installs
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:22:59
1 On Monday 13 March 2006 21:54, Trenton Adams wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > Is there a difference between the two? I have 2005.1 installed. As
5 > I've always understood it, my system will now always be up-to-date, as
6 > long as I keep updating it. Is 2006.0 any different than 2005.1 after
7 > the system has been installed?
8
9 no
10
11 an up to date gentoo is not different from an up to date release. The
12 installation is propably even more actual, than the latest release.
15 > I'm just curious, because I have to install gentoo on a notebook, but
16 > I want package compatibility with my server.
17
18 there won't be problems. After the an emerge sync, emerge -u world, both are
19 more or less identical.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list