From: "Benjamen R. Meyer" <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which arch do I have ?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 03:41:35
1 As you have an Intel Core Duo, you should have the EMT64E version -
2 Intel's version of the AMD64 instruction set - thus x86-64 compatible.
3
4 Best place to check is Intel's website - here's what I found:
5
6 http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sspec=sl9dv
7 http://developer.intel.com/design/mobile/core/duodocumentation.htm
8
9 With EMT64E, you will be able to compile for 64-bit mode using the
10 x86-64 builds. (You can only use Intel64 if you have the Itanium procs
11 if memory serves.)
12
13 However, unless you specifically install the x86-64/AMD64/64-bit
14 version, you will have a 32-bit x86 environment and kernel. You can
15 upgrade if you like...see other threads for that info.
16
17 HTH,
18
19 Ben