From: Paul Sebastian Ziegler <psz@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Exluding some apps from emerge --update world
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:37:17
1 Alex Fortwinder wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I's like to update my system, however, I'd like to keep some of the packages as they are (X, firefox, kernel, etc)
5 > How do I go about it before i run emerge --update --deep --newuse world?
6 > Thanks in advance,
7 > Alex
8
9 Hi,
10
11 I'm not sure if I missed something here but removing the packages from
12 the world-file (/var/lib/portage/world) should work.
13 Also you could emerge them using the --oneshot option in the first place
14 to avoid adding them to the world-file.
15
16 However are you really sure you want to exclude packages with frequent
17 security-issues like firefox and the kernel from being updated?
18
19 MfG
20 Paul
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list